Friday, August 10, 2012

True Life: I am not a nester



No, really. Give me a couch, a bed, and a closet, and I'm good to go. I don't live for Ikea and I don't spend my days perusing home decor blogs like some people I know. My condo looks semi-decent after I raided the sale section at Target, but other than that, it's decorated with random knick-knacks I've collected over the years from tag sales. Not to mention, the abundance of hand-me-down furniture.


I'm a clothes (and shoes and purse) girl, so I'd much rather spend money on something that can be worn as opposed to something I can simply hang on a wall. This got me to thinking, though, considering two of my most decorative-type friends are coming to stay at my condo for the weekend.

Both love creating a vision and going for it, whether bright, poppy accents all in green and orange or sleek black and red decorating along with an immaculate kitchen space. That's the other thing I forgot to mention -- no, I'm not dirty, but I'm also a spastic person that tends to leave crap everywhere.

So as my friends are getting ready to visit my little shindig of a home, here is some thought inspiration of what I wish I had the brainpower and time to do. Thankfully, I've accepted the fact my passions lay in other areas.










No comments:

Post a Comment