Wednesday, August 29, 2012

On the Brink




Today's one of those defining days in life that will always remain bittersweet.


Why? Well, it's my last day at the company I've been at for the past year. Sitting here today, I can't tell you how different it is leaving this company versus the previous one I worked at. For example, this is completely voluntary. I also had a terribly hard time making the decision, but in the end, money combined with the draw of New York (at some point, probably not in the immediate future) made it too hard to say no.

I guess the other reason why I had such a hard time making the decision is because of the vital role this company has played in my life over the past three months. After breaking up with my dead beat, now-ex boyfriend, these people were the ones who were there, inviting me out days after it happened and supporting me in all my decisions thus far. They're an amazing group of people -- a group that has come to extend beyond MedTech and is one I have a ball with.

Today is also interesting due to another situation that I'm not comfortable writing about, but it's sitting in the back of my mind and can end up being a pretty cool thing or a situation that will sit and eventually fizzle.

Only time will tell.

In the mean time, I'm spending my last day guzzling my venti Starbucks, listening to my favorites list on Spotify, and trying very hard to get some sort of work done. At 4, everyone's hitting a bar down town and then, that's it. I'm home to CT once again till Monday, and then I fly to New York for training. Life seems like a whirlwind, but, finally, I'm at peace with it.

Bring it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment