Friday, February 8, 2013

7 Winter Storm Essentials


Unless you live under a rock, you've most certainly heard of the storm so aptly named Nemo that's hitting the East Coast as I'm writing this...

And since I'm in Portland, we're expecting piles upon piles of snow for the next 48 hours. So, in an effort to make peace with the fact I won't be leaving my house for a solid two days, I've complied a list of my winter storm essentials.


 1. A super-cozy wool sweater for the dipping temperatures and new polish for a bright manicure.

2. I've been on a Chai tea kick lately, and when mixed with a bit of almond milk, it's like pure heaven.

 3. A good book. I bought "The Shack" last week and am finally planning to finish the last few chapters I have left.

4. A solid pair of slippers. I've had cheap ones in the past, but these babies have lasted me two years and counting.

5. Thermal leggings. Since I work from home, I tend to live in yoga pants. Throwing on a pair of warm, printed bottoms is a welcomed change.

6. Mat Kearney's Young Love, Nothing Left to Lose, and City of Black and White will be on repeat.


7. And lastly, a sense of humor will be key as I shovel 3+ feet of snow off my car come Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment