Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Bid You Adieu, 2012




But oh, what a life-changing year you have been.

No, I'm not going to sit here and recap everything in great detail, since we all know no one could pay me to divulge that much information about myself with the World Wide Web.

But I will say this:

I am blessed beyond belief with regard to my career. I am fully employed by one of the largest tech publishers in New York, and at 24, I work from home and make nearly double than what a majority of my peers are making. I'm doing what I love, I'm good at it, and I'm moving ahead. Considering the state of publishing, my age, and seeing where others I've graduated with ended up, I concluded this year I am completely and utterly blessed to be where I am in this aspect of my life. Hard work, plus owning your talents, and plus God, -- above all--will get you far.

I am growing. I am open to personal change, however hard it may be. I have learned to be reflective, to recognize when I am wrong, and to rise above what so many seem to be stuck in. I am on the track to genuinely love people in healthy amounts, but to not over-give my affection. I have learned to be increasingly wise with my time and my friendship, since I know it's good.

I am nothing. I am simply a blip on a map and I can not plan for anything. Planning, like I was this time last year, will only drive a person mad. I have let go, and I've let God. So much so, that I now have that tattooed on my right forearm. I am going with the flow. I recognize my issues with anxiety, and with a little help, I am enjoying life as it comes, instead of forcing life to be.

I am creative -- I love fashion, and tattoos, and outwards expression of who I am on the inside. My past relationship suffocated that part of me so I would fit a mold of who he wanted me to be. As frivolous as that sounds, I have never been more at peace with my appearance, my health, my physical fitness (hello future half marathons) and my self perception as a woman.

I am done -- no not like, forever. Just for this blog post. As in, I got nothing left to say. This is rare, but good, and 2013, I welcome you with open arms.




No comments:

Post a Comment